Friday 6 January 2012

Vanity

Okay, so I'm in the middle of the difficult process of trying to find a suitable replacement for my non-vegan beauty products. I'm not talking facial masks and extravagant hair treatments, simply my facial moisturiser. At the moment I use Olay which has always served me pretty well, up until I started caring about testing on animals, that is. Now I haven't bought anymore Olay since then, and although I've cut down severely on my usage, I still do use it occasionally.

I'm a creature of habit. I've used Olay mosturiser on my face every day for about the last nine years. I like it and I don't really want to change. My main problem is finding a moisturiser that contains sunscreen as I have very pale skin which burns in about 10 seconds flat. I also happen to have very oily skin which is prone to pimples and it is really hard to find a moisturiser that doesn't make me look as though I've quickly dipped my face in a frying pan of sunflower oil before leaving the house.
I bit the bullet the other day and forked out $20 for a 75ml tube of Invisible Zinc facial sunscreen. I thought for the cost I'd surely be getting a superior product but it was like spreading margarine on my face, with a sheen to match. The stuff was just so thick and über greasy I had to wipe it off after about ten minutes. I've also been eyeing off Sukin for a while because I love their foaming cleanser, but the only moisturiser that contains sunscreen is also part of the Ageless range and is a bit dear.

So all I can do for now is reluctantly keep using the old products I already had and keep my eyes peeled for new possibilities. If anyone has any cruelty-free suggestions, I'd love to hear about them!


Editor's note:  The moisturiser with SPF 15 is not listed on Sukin's website.
Collapse all
Expand all
Print all

No comments:

Post a Comment